Melt-processable resins such as TEFZEL® ETFE (ethylene
tetrafluoroethylene), in conjunction with rotational
lining, have allowed Resistoflex a new freedom in producing lined steel
piping products with custom or complex dimensions - with the same
excellent quality the CPI has come to expect, at a price lower than
We can supply your corrosive resistant lining requirements for large
diameters and custom-dimension fittings, valve bodies, pump casings,
flowmeters, and vessels. In fact, our capabilities are limited only by
Rotational lining is an ideal method to line the interior surfaces of
complex metal fabrications:
- Available lined with TEFZEL®.
- TEFZEL® has better chemical resistance to 300°F
than any plastic except TEFLON®. Click here,
for Chemical Resistance and Properties of Tefzel®.
- Large diameter capability up to 24" NPS.
- Liner is seamless with uniform thickness.
- Liner is mechanically bonded to metal substrate.
- Standard liner thickness is .200" nominal, with thicker liner available.
- Resistoflex can line customer-supplied housings.
No expensive tooling or molds are required. The lining is continuous
and homogeneous, with no seams, welds or stresses. The thick lining
also allows for machining of critical flare faces and o-ring grooves.
Rotational lining is superior to sheet linings, powder coatings,
fluidized bed coatings and spray coatings.
- A pre-weighed amount of resin in place inside the part.
- With the flanges sealed, the fitting is heated in a forced-air
oven while being rotated on two axes simultaneously.
- The bi-axial rotation transfers the heat evenly to the fitting,
until the resin's melt temperature is reached. As the resin melts,
it uniformly coats the interior, regardless of the geometry of the
- The heat is turned off and the fitting continues to rotate as it
cools, allowing the resin to set. The result is a seamless, heavy-duty
plastic lining with available thicknesses up to .250".
- Prior to shipping, all complex shapes must pass a 12,500 volt
electrostatic test or 425 psig hydrostatic test.
Double Branch Instrument Tee
5-Gallon Tank for Semiconductor Industry