- On-site training for first time installations.
- Use a dedicated crew for the entire installation.
- Installation tools can be either purchased or rented.
- Access to hoist, man-lift and/or scaffolding
- Electric power for heater and hydraulic pump
- Not NEMA rated for flammable areas
- Have adequate clearance in pipe rack for McElroy fixturing device.
- Installation time reduced if hangers & supports already in place and pipe
- Coupling tool weight considerations
- 1 - 2" tool wt. - 25 lbs
- 3 - 4" tool wt. - 75 lbs
- Start at one end and work to the other.
- Time to make a typical connection is 20 minutes, but can be longer
in hard to reach locations.
- One pipe end must be able to move 3". We do not recommend to move > 40
ft. of piping at one time.
- Use roller slides or grease contact surfaces on longer pipe lengths
- Weather shielding. Wind bag must be used when welding PTFE or
- Always position coupling on to pipe before the liner is welded.
- If you make a bad weld, re-do it before installing coupling.
- Bubble test possible on individual welds.
- Repairs can be made to already installed piping.
- Equipment not designed for vertical welds. They need to be pre-assembled in